Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Houston International Quilt Festival

The Houston quilt show was wonderful and I had such a great time. One of the guilds I belong to gave me a $500.00 scholarship to take classes. That helped to make the trip enjoyable. This was my first time to take classes and I really enjoyed the classes I took. I was there from Tuesday until Sunday, leaving early Sunday morning. I have already started saving for next year.

There were people there from some of the chat sites and it was fun to meet them and have a face to go with the names. I am still looking for a package of dye and a bag of droppers. I hope they show up and didn't get lost in the shuffle.

I made a point of sewing on the new 12 needle Baby Lock felting machine. It is great and they had an unbelievable special show price on it. Did I buy one, what do you think. Hey!!! it was less than half what they retail for. What else could I do? Naturally the next thing was to find roving. I only have a trash bag full already, but I did find some wonderful natural roving with the most amazing color and patterns. Then there was the curly tags that were to die for, and had to have some of those. One thing just leads to another.

I helped a new young mother with her triplets for two months to make extra money for the trip. They were the cutiest little things and I fell in love with them. Three little boys, and the smallest one was so precious. Austin was his name, and I will post pictures in a day or so.

1 comment:

allie aller said...

Dean, I'm so glad I saw your blog address on the CQ Embellishments list...I'm looking forward to looking at your work here.

My niece is 10 weeks pregnant with triplets! I am sure she will need the kind of help you gave...her life is really going to change, isn't it?
;-)