Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Art Quilts

This quilt is done from a picture I took
of the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend National Park at sunset. When the sun hits the mountains in the evening they take on this crimson color and are beautiful. The Rio Grande runs at the base of the mountains and the cacti is blooming in the foreground. This quilt is about 28" x 34". Each year at one of the quilt guilds I belong to, we purchase a packet of fabric to use in a challenge the next year. This was our 2008 challenge and I am thrilled to report that I won first place.

1 comment:

allie aller said...

I just love this!!!
I'm wrestling with combining landscape and CQ too. I just do not want to lose the "cq-ness" but I want my quilt to be pretty representational, too. It's a fine line...you've accomplished this brilliantly here!